They say that if you continue to do the same thing the same way over again, you will end up with the same results.
Here are 10 ways to save money or to get "free" money that you should consider.
1. The 24-hour rule - Fight impulse purchases by waiting 24 hours before you buy it.
2. Comparison shop - I just purchased a new Toaster
Oven and let my "fingers do the walking" on my computer before heading out. I purchased the unit on sale for less than half price versus other stores and comparable units.
3. Bundling - Bundling services gives the service provider more business in return for a better deal for you. So bring multiple services to your bank or cable company and negotiate. (I did recently and saved 30% on my cable, internet and cell phone.)
4. Pay bills on time: Paying late fees is a waste of money.
5. Use your perks: Your employer or association may offer perks or discounts. Check them out. But know your prices,sometimes you can do better on your own.
6. RRSP matching from your employer, RESP Grants, etc- Always take free money.
7. Shop with a list - the longer you spend in the grocery store, the more you spend
8. Borrow and share - for items that you only use occasionally, borrow, rent or check Kijiji or Craigslist.
9. Cut your energy usage - Turn off the lights, turn down the thermostat and don't wash your clothes or dishes during peak usage hours.10. Weekly mortgage - If you pay your mortgage monthly, consider going bi-weekly or weekly. It shaves time and money off of your mortgage payments.